About The Coach
The Director of Relationship Coaching Toowoomba and your coach/mediator/facilitator is Kym Briese.
Kym is passionate about people and relationships. She is a licenced member of the Relationship Coaching Institute and enjoys working with people to enrich their relationships, improve communication and resolve conflict through coaching, seminars and mediation.
Kym has a diverse background and varied training over 25 years, including many years practice as a family lawyer in addition to her social sciences, mediation and collaborative practice training.
Kym's qualifications, experience and training include:
- Bachelor of Laws – LLB (QUT), 1995
- Queensland Law Society Practising Certificate – since 31.01.1996
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of Queensland – since 29.01.1996
- Solicitor of High Court of Australia – since 21.02.1996
- Commissioner for Declarations – since 17.01.1994
- Bond University Dispute Resolution Centre Mediation Certificate – 6.12.2003
- Supreme and District Courts – Approved mediator - 2006
- UQ – Alternate Dispute Resolution Program Advanced Mediation Course – 20/21 October 2006
- ICS – Diploma in Child Psychology – 13.05.1999
- Elijah House: Training Levels A & B – 2004
- Emotional Intelligence / Communications workshops training – various
- Christian Heritage College: Graduate Diploma in Human Studies (Counselling) 2009
- Member of LEADER
- Level 1 Facilitator (Men’s group program) for Relationships Australia
- Introductory training in Collaborative Practice (February 2012)
- Member of International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Licensed Member of the Relationship Coaching Institute
- Bluecard holder
- Wife / mother
Kym has been married (to the one man) for more than two decades and has experienced many of life's transitions and stressors. (With her husband) she has raised their two fabulous young adults who are happy, successful, resilient and respectful and has also been a homestay mum (both short and long term) to other children from various cultures and family backgrounds. Kym brings real life experience to the coaching room and is all about practise, not theory.