WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching is a professional, client focused service that assumes that the individual or couple is healthy, powerful and able to achieve their desired relationship and life goals with effective support, information and guidance.
- Is about personal growth and development
- Works to move people to a higher level of functioning
- Focuses on the future
- Is action based and will include "homework"
- Introduces new skills and strategies
- Encourages and supports you to implement effective choices
- Works with you at solving problems / overcoming barriers
- Holds you accountable for your actions.
The Coach will provide coaching services based on your needs and desired level of support. Together with the coach you will co-create the Coaching Agenda, which will identify your requirements for coaching support.
Success requires your commitment to the coaching process and the outcomes that result from it. The Coach’s role is to employ their expertise as a mentor, taskmaster, motivator and sounding board, which will help you get on track, stay focused, and be accountable for your progress. You will need to be open and honest about your issues and needs, keep agreements, and stay committed to the goals you identify in order for coaching to be successful for you.
The coaching relationship is not psychotherapy, psychological counselling, or any type of therapy; nor is it a substitute for these services where they are required. In the event the Coach feels the need for you to receive professional counseling or therapy, you will be advised and it is your responsibility to seek a qualified professional who can provide these services.