Relationship Coaching Toowoomba provides coaching services for individuals, couples or families. Coaching packages are tailor made to suit client needs and range from one off sessions to structured programs over a number of weeks.
The goal of coaching is to equip clients to be released from coaching and "go it alone" as quickly as possible. In general, coaching is unlikely to extend over more than a three to six month period, unless some maintenance/fine tuning is required on a periodic basis. The client is free to end the coaching relationship at any time with no "lock in".
Sometimes, in working with couples, it will be recommended that the parties engage in some individual sessions. Similarly, parenting coaching may entail a family session or perhaps individual sessions with willing teenagers. All options will be fully discussed and your consent obtained.
Relationship coaching can help you understand the how and why you fell in love so that you can maintain and grow your connectedness; rekindle romance; overcome obstacles that are hindering you having a happy and fulfilling relationship and teach you to resolve conflict in a constructive and respectful way and affair proof your marriage.
Whether you are in the "bliss bubble" of romantic love and want to stay there; are having some struggles in your marriage; feel that you have grown apart; are ready to call it quits on your marriage; are dealing with separation / have a history of failed relationships; or have a good marriage that you want to make into a great marriage; then coaching can help.
The coaching process is a journey of personal development where you will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Accepting personal responsibility
- Understanding yourself / your partner / the kids / work colleagues
- Challenging unhelpful and limiting thinking and replacing with positive thinking
- Understanding "Love languages" and developing caring behaviours that will provide nurture and security for your partner / children
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Improving your communication skills so that you are heard and understood
- Turning complaints and criticisms into requests
- Identify relational needs to ensure that yours are being met as well as your partner's
- Conflict resolution skills to address issues in a healthy and constructive way
- Establishing resilience to handle obstacles and setbacks
- Creating a life that is in alignment with your beliefs and values
- Creating balance in all areas of your life
- Goal setting and creating a shared vision for the future
- Monitoring your growth.
Coaching can be conducted individually or as couples. Although the engagement of both parties to a relationship is ideal in attaining desired outcomes in the shortest timeframe, it is not essential. One party who is willing to take responsibility and try new skills has the ability to change the climate of a marriage.